Thursday, July 2, 2009

The "Free" Box Revolution

I've been noticing more and more "Free" Boxes out on curbs as I walk around my neighborhood. Its a relatively new phenomenon around here even though I know it has been commonplace in other areas of the US. People are taking advantage of this recession as an opportunity to purge excess. Garage sales take a lot of energy and work often yielding an extra $20-$50 (more if you have big ticket items or items in high demand), but at the end of the day you still have all of this stuff leftover that needs to go somewhere. "Free" boxes allow people with just a few items to get rid of things without a lot of effort. I'm amazed at some of the things I've seen on the curb including nice chairs, a new bag of batting, a guitar, even plants. Take advantage of these opportunities and take a peek. You never know what kind of treasure is waiting for you.

Do you already look? What is your favorite find?

No comments: